Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 12 - Olympic Forest

Well we started the day trying to find a view of Mt. St. Helens, but again we saw it, but it wasn't very photogenic. So we headed for the Olympic Forest. They actually have a rain forest on that peninsula. We took a walk in the rain forest.


Then we continued on around the peninsula and saw the Pacific again.... This time the sun was out.

On the way to Port Angeles, we passed Lake Cresent. It was beautiful.

We ended up in a hotel that didn't have air conditioning on the 1 day when they actually need it. It was a warm night's sleep, but we survived. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing the Twilight tour? Hitting Forks and La Push? I just finished the series, so I think that is cool. Sounds like a great trip! Can't wait to hear more when you get home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Warm" nights sleep???!!! It was HOT! Our house is up to 94 already. I wonder where it will top out?? Hope you are staying cool, whatever you are doing today!! ...geri

    ReplyDelete